Here at MI Gaming Review, we pride ourselves on providing honest evaluations and thorough information for all of your Michigan online gaming needs. Each of our reviews covers the most important aspects of online gaming. You will find information on bonuses, promotions, mobile apps, rewards programs, banking and more. We also report on gambling news and provide updates on the latest games and promotions, so you are sure to have the best online gaming experience possible in Michigan. It is all in one place where you can locate it effortlessly.
All of the online gaming sites we review are 100% legal and safe. The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) licenses and regulates all of the state’s legal igaming operators and ensures they follow a strict set of rules that benefit the players and community.
Michigan igaming includes online casinos, online sportsbooks, and online poker rooms as well fantasy sports and online lottery games. Our reviews and information will help you choose the sites that are best for you from the wide selection of current igaming providers in the state. Also, be sure to check back often for the most current information as offers change frequently.
Best Online Casinos in Michigan
Get started with legal online gambling with a great welcome bonus.
- Generous welcome bonus
- $25 in no deposit funds
- Good selection of slots
- Quality mobile app
- Sizeable welcome bonus
- Mega Jackpots slots
- Best bonus wagering
- Great range of slots
- Frequent game updates
- Big welcome offer
- Variety of promotions
- Standalone mobile apps
- Well-known brand
- Exclusive slots
- Rewarding slots races
- Welcome free spins
- Rewarding leaderboards
- High-limit section
Latest MI Online Gambling News
Read the latest online gambling news from Michigan.
MI Casino and Poker News
MI Sports News
MI Lottery and Industry News
Exclusive Guides to MI Online Gaming
Learn about legal, regulated online casino, sports and poker in Michigan with our exclusive, in-depth player guides.
The first online casino bets in Michigan were placed in January of 2021. Since then, the online casino industry in the Great Lakes State has grown to become one of the largest markets in the US. There are plenty of igaming operators that offer online casino games in Michigan, and we offer our deep knowledge and years of expertise in the industry to help you get the most out of your online casino experience.
Online Sports Betting
Online sports betting is legal in Michigan! The first online sports bets were legally placed in the state in January 2021, and the Michigan has quickly become one of the leading states in the country when it comes to online sports betting. There is a wide selection of reputable online sports books in the state, and MI Gaming review provides you with honest reviews and the up-to-date information you need to decide which online sportsbook is right for you.
Online poker first debuted in Michigan on January 29, 2021, one week after online casino and sports betting went live in the state. Michigan is now home to two fo the biggest online poker operators in the country: PokerStars and BetMGM. WSOP is expected to launch later this year, and the state also expected to open up shared liquidity this year, which will allow players in Michigan to compete with those in other states where online poker is legal and regulated.
Michigan is one of the few states in the US that offers online casino games. In addition to Digital Lottery Tickets, Online Scratch Offs and Digital Instant Tickets, players can also choose from Online Keno, Digital Draw-based Games, and Online Pull Tabs. Players in Michigan also have the chance to buy tickets for multistate lottery games such as Powerball, Mega Millions and Lucky for Life.
Types of Online Gaming Available in MI
The lottery has operated in this state since 1972. In 2014, it launched online. At first, only instant keno and scratch-off games had internet alternatives.
Now, the Michigan online lottery has over 100 titles in these categories. In 2016, it added draw games. Players can now enjoy:
- Mega Millions
- Lotto 47
- Fantasy 5
Keeping your money and information secure when participating in internet gaming should be your number one priority. Some online gambling sites are scams that have unfair games or steal from players. However, you can trust regulated operators in the Wolverine State.
Why Choose a Legal Michigan Online Gaming Site?
There are several reasons for choosing a legal and regulated Michigan online gaming site. First of all, their games are always fair. Each one is audited by state authorities to ensure they do not engage in any illegal practices. You will not be duped when playing these titles. Legal online gaming sites also promote responsible gaming which can help prevent problem gambling and provide assistance for those that may be in need.
How to Know if a Michigan Online Gambling Site is Legal, Regulated, and Safe
Legal and regulated Michigan online gaming sites can be identified in the following ways:
- Gaming Regulator Seal: Operators licensed by the MGCB will display a seal on their website and in their apps. Usually, you will be able to find it on the home page. Look for a circle with “MGCB” in large capital letters. A ring around the edge should say “Michigan Gaming Control Board”.
- Association with a Land-Based Casino or State Lottery: Every online gambling provider in Michigan must have a land-based partner to operate in the state legally. They should list this information on their site. You can also find it by reading our reviews.
- Legal Jurisdiction: Casinos, sportsbooks, and poker rooms regulated by the state of Michigan will always disclose that you can only use them from within the state’s borders. Some of igaming companies that operate in other states will have separate websites for each location – sometimes available from a dropdown menu that makes it seem like the same site. If a company does not have this info readily available, consider it a red flag.
- Headquartered in the US: Every Michigan online gambling site will have headquarters in the US. Offshore businesses are disreputable, and you should not trust them. You can find out this detail with a quick Google search.
- Customer Service: Secure operators want to keep customers happy. Operators will provide avenues to get in touch with them when you have a problem. Look for a support phone number, email address, or live chat.
- Rewards Program: Not every regulated company will provide a rewards program, especially if they have recently launched. However, most of the regulated sites have them and most of the illegal offshore sites do not.
- Recognizable Name: Legal operators will be well-known. Search our website for reviews and news articles. If you cannot find any, do not gamble through that company.
How to Get Started Gambling Online in Michigan
If you want to enjoy online casinos, sportsbooks, or poker rooms in Michigan, follow these steps:
- Follow the Registration Link: We provide links that take you straight to the sign-up page. To use them, find the review of the site you are interested in.
- Create an Account: Account creation will normally be the same from site to site. Provide your email address, create a username, and pick a password.
- Verify Your Identity: You will need to provide personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, and SSN. The operator will use this to ensure you are who you claim. It will keep your information protected and will not share it with anyone else.
- Download the App: If you prefer gaming on the go, consider downloading a casino, sportsbook, or poker room app. Most companies will offer one for Android and iOS. Many also have sites that are functional from any mobile browser.
- Make a Deposit: To play real money games, you will need to fund your account. If you are taking advantage of a deposit bonus, make sure to read the terms and conditions, so you know the minimum and maximum requirements. You should also research what payment methods are offered. Some options might have limitations. Once you decide which is best for you, visit the cashier to put money into your account.
- Register for Promotions: See our reviews for the best promotions available from each online operator. You can also locate the promotion page on the operator’s website, typically it will be listed at the top of the home page. Scroll through the available bonuses, read the terms and conditions, and decide which ones you want to take advantage of.
Requirements for registering will vary depending on the type. However, each one should list what you need to do.
There are 26 physical casinos in Michigan. Three are considered “commercial casinos” and located in Detroit, and the rest are tribal casinos that are spread out throughout the state. 15 operators own these casinos.
Near the end of 2019, when Michigan legalized internet gambling, existing land-based operators were the first invited to apply for these licenses. So all legal and regulated online gaming sites in Michigan have a land-based casino partner.
If you still have questions about online gambling in the Wolverine State, we will answer them below:
What Types of Online Gambling Are Legal in Michigan?
You can legally participate in several different kinds of gambling in MI, including:
- Daily Fantasy Sports
Players can also participate in the iLottery. It offers over 100 keno and scratch-off games. Plus, you can participate in the Powerball, Mega Millions, Lotto 47, and Fantasy 5.
Do I Need to be in Michigan to Play on Michigan Online Gambling Sites?
Yes, you must be in the state to play on its gambling websites. Operators use geolocation technology to ensure that you are. However, this does not mean you have to live in the Wolverine State.
You can gamble in Michigan if you are visiting. However, as soon as you leave, you get blocked from playing. Before you consider taking a trip to MI, consider whether the site you are interested in operates in your state. Some companies have launched in multiple locations.
Can I Play on Michigan Online Gambling Sites if I am Just Visiting the State?
Visitors to the Wolverine State are welcome to join in on the gambling fun. You can enjoy casino games, bet on sportsbooks, and join poker rooms in the state during your time there. When you leave the borders, you will be blocked from playing.
What is the Minimum age to Gamble Online in Michigan?
To create an account and bet on real money games in MI, you must be at least 21. During the sign-up process, you will have to provide personal information. This data includes your date of birth. You cannot lie about how old you are, as these companies will take steps to confirm your identity.
Is it Safe to Gamble Online in Michigan?
Yes, gambling online in Michigan is safe. Choosing a legal site is much better than visiting illegal offshore options. The latter is unregulated, so you have no protections.
MI casinos, sportsbooks, and poker rooms have licenses from the MGCB. This authority regularly audits them, tests their games for fairness, and ensures they follow a strict set of rules.
How Do Michigan Online Gambling Apps Know my Location?
These apps use geolocation technology to determine where you are at. You cannot trick these applications into thinking you are in the Wolverine State when you are not. They will detect the use of VPNs or other software used to change your location.
Does Michigan Have Legal Online Poker?
Yes, this state offers internet poker. PokerStars and BetMGM Poker both operate in MI. While these are the only options so far, more are sure to be added in the future. The state could potentially have a total of 15 rooms.
Who Regulates Michigan Online Gaming?
The MGCB regulates all internet gambling in MI. It provides licenses and makes sure all casinos, sportsbooks, and poker rooms follow strict rules. You can see a list of all regulated operators on its website. Legal providers in this state will have the MGCB seal.
Can I Gamble Online in Michigan From my Phone?
Yes, you can access MI operators from your phone. Most providers have apps for Android and iOS. To download these applications, use the links in our reviews. You can also use some websites from any mobile browser.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Michigan?
Yes, sports betting is legal in this state. Governor Gretchen Whitmer allowed this type of gambling when she signed House Bill 4311 in 2019. The first 10 sportsbooks launched on January 22, 2021. Since then, more have opened. Current options include:
- Golden Nugget
- William Hill
- Fox Bet
- Four Winds
What to Consider When Signing up to an Online Gambling Site in Michigan?
Michigan has many different gaming sites, and choosing the right one for your needs is vital. First, you should decide what types of gambling you want to participate in. If you wish to bet on sports, you should look for the sportsbook with the best reputation.
If you want to focus on playing table games and enjoy occasional poker tournaments, look for a casino with a large lobby that also has a poker room. Compare welcome packages, promotions, and reward programs to make sure you get the best deals.
Check out what banking methods an operator has. If you have a preference, make sure it is there. Ensure they have a long list of trusted options, so you know your money is in good hands.
How Does Banking Work for Michigan Online Gambling Sites?
Banking options will vary depending on what site you use. Often, more are available for deposit than withdrawal. However, some options will work for both transactions. Some common types include credit and debit cards, prepaid cards, and bank or wire transfers.